Education & Skills Partnership (ESP), the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) and the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) have joined together to offer a first-class management programme designed for practising middle managers and those aspiring to senior management who want to develop their core management skills such as managing resources, recruitment and information management.
This level 5 Higher Apprenticeship in Management is CMI or ILM accredited and suitable for anyone who is working in an Operations Management position for the private, public, third sector and organisations of all sizes.
This apprenticeship focuses on the personal development of the individual learner’s management capabilities and competencies and can be paid for by utilising the Governments Apprenticeship Levy.
Successful completion of a full Operations/Departmental Manager Apprenticeship programme, including the CMI or ILM qualification and End Point Assessment will take 24–30 months.
Who is it for?
Operations/Departmental Managers that manage teams and/or projects and achieve specific goals and objectives as part of the delivery of an organisation’s strategy. The Operations/Departmental Manager Level 5 Apprenticeship is suitable for anyone who manages teams or projects and is responsible for achieving operational or departmental goals and objectives as part of their organisation’s strategy including Operations Manager, Regional Managers, Divisional managers, Department Manager as well as other specialist managers.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Managing projects
- Creating and delivering operational plans
- Leading and managing teams
- Managing change
- Financial and resource management
- Talent management
- Coaching and mentoring
- Professionalise your management team
- Reinvigorate them in their management practice
- Focuses managers on operational development and industry best practice
- Acquire a value adding project that is business focused
- Utilise your Levy to underwrite the cost of each programme
- Raise confidence & competence
- Develop your ability to lead
- Improve the performance of your operational area
- Motivate and inspire to drive better results
- Use core management techniques to provide practical leadership and operational management skills
- Gain professional recognition for your skills
- Blended learning over 24 – 30 months
- 1:1 support with learning and skills coaches
- 1 or 2 day tutor led training courses delivered at your workplace
- Coach and mentoring days
- Completion of relevant work-based assignments and project
- Online support
- Bitesize learning segments
- End point assessment