The world of human resources has a major influence on the overall management of people within a business. At a consultant level HR specialists need an interdisciplinary skillset as they link to wider business strategy through recruitment, development and reward strategies.
Our Level 5 HR Consultant / Partner apprenticeship gives learners the opportunity to combine essential theory and workplace experience with an industry-recognised qualification, making this programme the perfect choice for ambitious and talented HR professionals who are looking to make the next step in their career.
You may work in any organisation with a human resources department, particularly larger companies and public sector organisations like the NHS, education and local authorities. You could also work for a specialist HR consultancy.
Over the course of the Level 5 Apprenticeship, participants will be able to advance their in-depth knowledge covering various HR models and practices, the functions of HR in the context of the entire business, and the external factors that affect HR.
HR professionals in this role are often required to make decisions and recommendations on what the business should do in a specific situation. They influence managers to change their thinking and bring good practices into the organisation. Individuals in this role will use their HR expertise to provide and lead the delivery of HR solutions to business challenges, together with tailored advice to the business in a number of HR areas, typically to mid-level and senior managers. Whatever their role, they link their work to the context and priorities of the business.
Apprentices completing this apprenticeship will also complete an appropriate professional qualification such as the CIPD Level 5 Intermediate Certificate or Diploma in Human Resource Management. Apprentices without Level 2 English and Maths will need to achieve this level prior to completion of their Apprenticeship through the completion of a functional skills qualification.
Units studied during this apprenticeship may include:
- HR Technical expertise
- Business understanding
- HR function
- MI and technology
- HR Consultancy
- Providing support and advice
- Building HR capability
- Contributing to business change
- HR information analysis
- Personal development
- Relationship management
- HR operations
- Core HR
- Organisation development
Who is it for?
The HR Consultant/Partner Standard programme is created for those HR professionals designed to provide you with the core skills needed in today’s ever-changing competitive world of business.
HR professionals in this role are typically:
- working in a medium-to-large organisation delivering front-line support to managers and employees, or
- an HR Manager in a small organisation
- working in HR Operations
- working as a HR Adviser
- working as a HR Business Partner
- individuals newly appointed to an HR role
- existing HR employees who need ‘significant new knowledge and skills’ for example those without a Level 5 qualification in HR
- Help you attract bright individuals who want to develop a career in a business-related profession
- Development, engagement and retention of senior learning and development staff
- Development of HR expertise to: – provide and lead the delivery of HR solutions to business challenges, provide tailored advice, influence managers, bring best practice into the organisation – at all times linking to the context and priorities of the business
- Designed to develop the practical skills and behaviours that meet your business needs
- Enhance motivation, productivity and loyalty
- Utilise your Levy to underwrite the cost of each programme
- Gain access to become an Associate Membership of the CIPD (of which there is a cost for annual membership and is paid directly to CIPD)
- Continuous development of personal effectiveness and impact as a HR practitioner
- Raise confidence and competence
- Develops your portfolio of essential HR skills, knowledge and behaviours
- Gain professional recognition for your skills
- Taught by expert tutors who have practical experience in their respective fields
- Access to a Coach who is on hand to guide you through each stage of your learning journey, providing you with clear aims and objectives
- Face-to-face workshops to improve your knowledge and develop other skills in a variety of areas
- Online Learning Environment will give you on-demand access to all of your qualification content
- Blended learning between 24 to 36 months
- Build an electronic portfolio of evidence to demonstrate the skills and knowledge you have gained
- 1:1 support with learning and skills coaches
- Bitesize learning segments
- Independent learning and research
- End point assessment which may include: test of knowledge; competency-based interview; assessment of evidence; presentation & questioning and a professional discussion